FMP Evaluation

Task 7

Using a range of web 2.0 technologies, evaluate your success in responding to your Final Major Project brief.

You must first gather audience feedback through online exhibition and the collation of questionnaire and focus group audience feedback. This feedback must be compiled and analysed prior to producing your evaluation.

Your evaluation must contain detailed information that is specific to the following areas of your Final Major Project:

1.     Technical quality of final product (images, footage, use of sound, editing, layout, composition)
2.     Production skills you have newly acquired and existing skills you have further developed
3.     How closely your final product matches your original intentions (outlined in your Final Major Project proposal)
4.     Time management and problem solving (scheduling, practical constraints and strategies you used to overcome constraints)
5.     Reaching your target audience (audience response, your reactions to positive and negative criticism with reference to audience feedback you have gathered)

Summary conclusion of how you would respond to your project brief if you were to do it again


1. Technical quality of final product (images, footage, use of sound, editing, layout, composition)

Overall the project went successful the work turned out to be of a good standard and we tried our hardest to stick to our schedule although sometimes we went over or finished something early we did make it work that is why our final product is of a good standard. The reason being for our success was because we worked hard every week to evaluate what we did the week and what we hoped to do the following week this was useful because we always knew what needed to be done and when it had to be done by we also used this to keep track of our progression. The products we created such as the poster are inspired by reference images from games and movies related to zombies. We used theses because we found it much easier to get images from magazines, books and the internet to create our posters. Which I believe would appeal to a wide audience although some of them aren’t as good as some of the other posters we made I do still believe they were good but they could have been better if we were to spend a bit more time on them but other than that they turned out fine and we are all happy with them. The trailer and packaging where are best products because the trailer is of a high standard and a lot of people really liked it and found it to look really professional along with the packaging which looks like it’s an actual game but other than that the products at the end where turned out really well and we are all happy with the results.   

2. Production skills I have newly acquired and existing skills I have further developed

Throughout our project we used a range of software with they own functions. Due to having four final products we had the chance to use the skills we have gained for the two year course to our advantage. Some of the skills we used involved us working as a team as well as individuals at some points during the production as well as the research some of these tasks involved skills using Photoshop and illustrator but we already knew how to use them so there wasn’t really an issue because if we were unsure about something one of us would know what to do to help each other. Some of the skills my groped used on the trailer were adobe after effects this wasn’t used by me but it was used within the grope I was involved in recording the voice recordings and for that we used reaper which also used to edit them and make them sound better for the trailer but overall our skills worked well together for the products we produced.

3. How closely your final product matches your original intentions (outlined in your Final Major Project proposal)

4. Time management and problem solving (scheduling, practical constraints and strategies you used to overcome constraints)


5. Reaching your target audience (audience response, your reactions to positive and negative criticism with reference to audience feedback you have gathered)

Posters -Survey Questions 1, 2 and 7 

The results we got for the posters was good but it could have been better the reason being one person said "I like the title layout but the poster could have been better but someone else did say that the colour scheme was really good and that they found it to be good and that it attracts the eye.

although we did get some good responses we did also get a few bad ones saying that some of our work lacks and that it could have been better but at the end of the day I think it turned out to be good and we did finish the project so that a good thing.

Another question we asked was " would you buy the product if you saw the poster in public" 25% said yes and the rest which is 75% said no so we didn't get an amazing response but at lest people responded.


Sketches - Survey Questions 3 and 4 

for the sketches we got a decent response the good points although they where little where that we used good use of colours and drawing and that they where very detailed but that was the good points although not amazing they where still good and do think they could have been worse.

The bad points where things like lack of finish and realistic proportions and the sketches could have been done in a different format I think this response wasn't that good but thats peoples opinions so you have to respect them.

furthermore we said "do the sketches look to be a professional standard" 50% said yes and 50% said no so the overall response was equal and i found it to be helpful to see what people though of our product.    


Trailer - Survey Question 5 and 8

The results we got back for the trailer where better than expected overall 100% of people said they would buy the product if they saw this trailer on TV or other types of media.

overall we where happy with our response and even happier to see that no one said anything bad and that they would buy the product based on the trailer so this made us very happy with the overall results. 


Packaging - Survey Question 6 and 9

In this question we asked "does the packaging look professional" the response we got was 100% everyone we asked said that it looked professional and we had nothing bad said about the packaging so we are about that and with the results.

Another question we asked was "would you buy this product if you saw the packaging in store" we also got 100% for this again so we where even happier so we found out that the packaging was successful and people found our packaging to be of a good standard and we think that this was successful and we are happy with the final product.   



6. Summary conclusion of how you would respond to your project brief if you were to do it again

Evaluation - Question 6

Overall the project went really well although at some point people had bad things to say our overall response was good and I found that lots of people where happy with our final products and they said that most of it was to a professional standard. I think because we worked as a group the project went even better than I anticipated I think the group itself work well together and I do believe that the final product wouldn't have turn out as-well if I was to do it on my own but because I didn't so the product has turned out to be really good and as a group we are happy with our final product.

For our time management we did stick to our scheduled and we did do our at most best to get the work done each week I found that we did get the work done each week but if we needed to do any improvements for other tasks we would just do it of schedule on the weekends in our own time to prevent getting overwhelmed with work the week after. Although we did end up leaving one of our tasks we did complete the rest of them to a high standard to make up for leaving the task we missed out but if we did have more time we would have done that task to a good enough standard but we did not end up doing it but everything else was done to an even better standard to what we expected it to be so we are happy with the final product and the time management.

During the FMP I believe that I have done what I said I would and I believe that the work produce is of a high standard and that I believe if the product was an actually game I could see it actually being sold in shops mainly because of the trailer, packaging and the poster. I also think that as a group we have done really well to work together and dish out the work equally this was important because we wanted to make sure everyone did something and we wanted to show that in our work that is why it is of a high standard and I couldn't say it was bad because I think we did a good job in the little time we had to do it in.

If I was to have more time to do this project the things I would have done different would be things like the sketches the reason for this being is that although they are good I don't think they are presented correctly and I don't think that they look as good as the rest of our work. Another thing I would change would be doing the task we had to leave which is the 3D models the reason for this is being that I think they would help us achieve a better final outcome and I think the models would look good on the packaging but other than them things I do believe everything else is good and I wouldn't change them even if I had to chance to because they are of a good standard and I am happy with the end result.